THIS IS A GUEST POST.
The amount of data, needed by a person, is gradually increasing. No matter how much storage space a person owns, he/she cannot rest assured. Few years back, people would feel safe with certain Gigabytes of storage space. Now, even several Terabytes are unable to make them feel assured. In such a scenario, the idea of cloud computing has emerged as a dream-come-true option to people around the world.
Cloud computing is the latest sensation in the world of information technology. With almost unlimited amount of virtual space, people are gradually finding themselves in the need to opt for this latest technology. The various online businesses, spread throughout the world, require special mention when it comes to the usage of virtual space. Needless to say, the latest technology has had a deep impact on different types of business.
Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of cloud computing over different kinds of businesses –
• The greatest advantage that cloud computing has ushered over business is the reduced cost. The concept of infrastructure has totally changed with the arrival of clouds in the business. Various types of costs such as maintenance cost, upgrade cost, storage cost, and license cost have slashed with the help of the latest technology.
• Numerous businessmen are getting exposed to almost unlimited services. In most of the cases, the service providers charge a flat rate even for unlimited usage. Therefore, the user gets full authority to decide the number of users, backup size, storage capacity and everything else.
• Data access becomes much easier than before. One can now access any data, anytime and anywhere with the help of cloud computing. Therefore, it saves a lot of time and also maintains data safety in the most efficient way.
• Various cloud servers are eager to provide different businesses with quality services. Besides, they also offer automatic updates and that too, without any charge.
• Cloud computing has emerged with the latest setup. This setup is not appropriate for all kinds of businesses. It is a fact that all the large and medium businesses receive the greatest benefits of clouds. There is very little for the clouds to offer with small businesses. Furthermore, stable and fast internet connectivity is necessary to experience the technology of clouds in the best way.
• Data damage can take place when used over the internet. In most of the cases, the third-party networks are responsible for hosting different data and applications. Therefore, huge amount of data gets more prone to danger.
Though the idea of cloud computing has several advantages of its own, it is too early to state it to be flawless. One thing for sure, people, who are the owners of huge or medium businesses, can make their businesses prosper easily with the idea of cloud computing.
Though cloud computing has gained massive popularity throughout the world, it would be better to use this technology only after a person has gathered adequate knowledge and safety measures to avoid the disadvantages.