The new version of WordPress called WordPress 3.6 Beta (3) has been launched recently. Enthusiasts of this free open source blogging and CMS tool are excited to figure out the changes and new features that are added into this latest version of WordPress. The following are some of the features and changes to look for in the new WordPress 3.6 Beta (3).
Features and Changes in the New WordPress 3.6
1. There is an addition to the WordPress default themes. The new theme is aptly named Twenty Thirteen. This is very different from the previous default themes. A major add on is that this theme is a responsive theme which is different compared to the previous versions. The Twenty Thirteen version comes with a new variety of colors, new Typography and 2 Google Web Font among some other new features as well. The two new fonts introduced are “Source Sans Pro and Bitter”. It also has a new symbol font “Genericons”. This helps scaling icons across the theme. Users were really hoping for a responsive web design theme as responsive web design is important nowadays because WordPress themes are accessed from various different computing devices so they are not disappointed.
2. “Post Formats” feature was introduced in WordPress in the WordPress 3.1 version itself. However there is a change as to how the “Post Formats” feature is displayed. They are now displayed directly above the “Post Title” feature.
3. There have also been changes in WordPress Navigation Menu Area user interface in the new WordPress 3 .6 Beta version. The menu selection box has a drop down menu. There have been changes in the left side section. It now has drop down menus. This drop down menu includes pages, categories and custom links.
4. The new version of WordPress has a better audio and video support without the need of plug-ins and Autosave.
5. There are better post revisions in the new version of WordPress.
6. The new upgraded version also work much better than the previous versions as some major changes in the new version includes small security and bug fixes that were not part of the previous versions.
Overall there is not much of a change from the previous version of WordPress and basically the new version addresses certain performance issues and also the major change is the Twenty Thirteen Default Theme.