Sitting with a laptop and suddenly experiencing a strange noise is a rare experience. After several attempts, when people try to reboot their system, they may face sudden hard drive failure issue that is audible and laptop does not boot anymore. This kind of failure is known as hard drive failure or a dead hard drive. Now, firstly, we will get to know in brief about crashed or a dead hard drive.
What is hard drive crash or a dead hard drive?
Non-accessibility of the data due to logical or physical damage of the hard drive is known as hard drive crash. In this, the user must have a backup plan to bring back that he has stored on his laptop or computer. This causes massive data loss.
Read More :- How to Wipe All Data From Stolen Laptop
Reasons for Hard Drive Crash:
Physical damage: It happens due to the damage of the certain sensitive parts of the hard drive and may be also due to:
- Scratches on platter
- Damage of the disk head
- Short circuit of the circuit board
- Burning of the chip
- Logical damage:
- Damaged MBR
- Error in track servo information
- System information error
- Logical error
Users should be well aware of the indications that show the damage of the hard drive. They must not ignore the signs at all as a little ignorance will cause them a severe loss.
Read More :- How to Unlock Computer via Mobile Phone
How will you come to know that the hard drive is dead or crashed?
- Hearing a weird sound from computer when it is started
Strange messages being displayed like, “Data Error Reading Drive D:, General Failure Reading Drive C: or Sector Not Found”
- Difficult to format a partition on hard drive that ultimately ends up in failure
- Hard drive read error
- Sudden blue screen of death
- Message as “disk boot failure”
- Frequent starting and rebooting of the system
Scenarios that users suffer:
- Accidental formatting
This is frequently seen issue that could lead to serious data loss. People accidentally press the format button and then they are left with nothing in the drive. Unlike deletion, users can’t check the Recycle Bin to find deleted data.
- Lost partition
The partitions can be lost due to two reasons: human error and unexpected hardware/software failure. People sometimes carelessly use the computer and thus deleted partitions or necessary files. Hardware failure is related to the physical damage of hard drive while software failure includes system crash, virus attack.
Read More :- Change Facebook Page Name After 1000+ Likes
What should we do on our part?
- Use licensed anti-virus software
- Do not get into a panic state
- Keep your OS updated regularly
- Do not initiate an unexpected shut-down
- Immediately stop using your computer or external hard drive
- Check the presence of the broken parts
Remove the crashed hard drive from the current machine and connect it to another machine as a secondary drive
- Have a proper power backup
- Boot the computer by changing the boot order in the BIOS
The other witchcrafts that you may try:
There are some obscure tricks that may help you but they are not well assured that could salvage your data. Users may go for hitting the hard drive onto a hard surface, exposing it to dry heat in the oven, or sticking it in the freezer overnight.
Read More: Tips and Tricks
The last resolution:
Hard drive making strange noises continuously and continuous display of error messages will be quite irritating for anyone. So, instead of checking it by yourself and putting the data at risk, go for a data recovery software like Stellar Phoenix Partition Recovery software. This will recover your files form a dead or a crashed hard drive in a worst case scenario. . Merits like: high effectiveness, virus-free and compatibility to support different file systems like FAT12, FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS are an eye-catcher.
Did you like this article?
1. Please share it with your network, we’d really appreciate it!
2. Would you like to write for Computer Geek Blog?
3. Keep subscribe us and follow us on Facebook and twitter for more tips & ideas about new technology.